Friday, June 19, 2009

Death in the Garden

Happy Friday!

Every day I examine the garden for new blooms, new growth, and new weeds or anything else obnoxious that's suddenly found it's way into the garden.

Today, I noticed how regularly things die in the garden. I mean, that's totally obvious, but I don't notice it that much - there's just so much else growing, so unless it's my prized ___ (whatever), I don't see it.

But there it is - death in the garden. And, normally, I don't like to look at the dead things in the garden. I don't like seeing the yellowed or dried leaves. I like them when they are at their lushest.




But today, I said to myself - look for what you don't normally see in the garden. And what I saw was how much death is there. And how something, when looked at with fresh eyes, can seem quite beautiful - dried or yellowed leaves not withstanding.

Funny, I was thinking that not all of it is a "natural" death - that some of the death may be because I did something "unnatural" to the plant (overwatered it or put something on it that it didn't like) - but really, even the "unnatural" deaths are still natural.




I like looking at all of the garden. Including all the cycles each of the members of my garden community may be in.
























But isn't it interesting that when we look at the photo below, all that's present is all the life?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Notice regarding Ads

We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

Contributors

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Followers