Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Color - Part I

It hasn't been a beautiful day here in Tioga. It's been wet, cool and rainy. Not only are all the lakes full, but so are front yards, ditches, rain barrels and, in some cases, people's cars.

I took these photos a few days ago. The color of the flora was beautiful - although it doesn't compare with the richness of the leaves in Ottawa (where I was a couple of weeks ago), at least I didn't have to look too hard to see this colorful beauty.



Tim says the plant below is called "American Beauty". That always makes me think of that movie with Kevin Spacey that I didn't really like all that well... (okay - the acting was really good, I just didn't care for the story all that much).




I bought the rose bush below from Calloway's earlier in the season. It's a gorgeous hybrid and the color and design of the blooms was outstanding when I brought it home. Unfortunately, it didn't like its transplant (or the heat) and didn't bloom all summer. But, now it's back and just as lovely as when I bought it.


Tim thinks these are called "Pumpkin Mushrooms". They sure look like it, right? He put a quarter on the edge of this one so you could see what a monster it is. We found these on the path between the little house and the guest house.



More fall color to come - at least in my photos (and hopefully in the woods too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notice regarding Ads

We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

Contributors

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Followers